Your Microservices Transition
Learn how to transition to microservices from a monolithic application, using the strangler application pattern. This is a pattern that provides incremental steps to microservices transition, helping you avoid the highly risky big-bang approach.
What you'll learn
Would you like to gain the ability to transition to a microservices architecture incrementally, avoiding the big-bang approach, which doesn't sit well with customers and stakeholders? In this course, Your Microservices Transition, you will explore transitioning to a microservices architecture from a monolithic application systematically, using the strangler application pattern.
First, you will learn the principles of the strangler application pattern. Next, you will discover how to apply the pattern to transition to microservices. Finally, you will see how to complete the transition using additional techniques and patterns. When you're finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of a tried and tested microservices transition strategy needed to re-architect your monolithic or legacy application architecture.
Table of contents
- Introduction 3m
- Rerouting Traffic to the Microservice 7m
- Eliminate the Legacy Version of the Capability 9m
- Decomposing the Database 8m
- Database Decomposition Challenges 9m
- Separating the UI to Vertically Decouple The Capabilities 5m
- Adding New Features During Transition 6m
- Rinse and Repeat to Complete Strangulation of the Monolith 9m
- The Big Picture 5m
- Summary 3m