Advanced SQL Queries in Oracle and SQL Server
This course details recent additions to the standard SQL language and includes topics such as Analytic Functions and Extensions to GROUP BY, to name a few.
What you'll learn
This Oracle advanced SQL course provides an overview of the recent additions to the SQL language that have been added over the last few years, but that may have slipped under your radar.
We will describe;
- Analytic Functions
- Extensions to GROUP BY
- The WITH Clause (Oracle's Subquery Factoring Clause/SQL Server's Common Table Expressions)
- The PIVOT and UNPIVOT Features
- The MERGE Statement
- And, finally, the PARTITION BY/RIGHT OUTER JOIN syntax.
If you aren't familiar with Oracle or Oracle databases, you may want to take this course beforehand.
Table of contents
- Introduction to Part IV 1m
- KEEP Clause 5m
- KEEP Clause Examples 4m
- Statistics-Related Analytic Functions 3m
- MEDIAN Function and Examples 1m
- NTILE Function and Examples 4m
- CUME_DIST Function and Examples 3m
- PERCENT_RANK Function and Examples 2m
- PERCENTILE_DISC Function and Examples 4m
- PERCENTILE_CONT Function and Examples 2m
- Summary 0m
- Introduction 2m
- Vintage Data Transposition Introduction 1m
- Vintage Data Transposition Columns to Rows 5m
- Vintage Data Transposition Rows to Columns 2m
- Modern Data Transposition Introduction 0m
- Modern Data Transposition Columns to Rows 7m
- Modern Data Transposition Rows to Columns 5m
- Oracle-Specific Extensions 2m
- Multi-Column PIVOT Introduction 1m
- Oracle Extension to IN Function 2m
- Multi-Column PIVOT Examples 2m
- Summary 0m
These advanced queries will help you to manipulate, clean, and analyze your data more effieiencly than ever before.
This course will describe Analytics Functions, GROUP BY, WITH, PIVOT and UNPIVOT, MERGE, and many more.
You will want to have the latest version of Oracle Database and a client software such as Toad or the Oracle SQL developer tool. You will also want to have the latest version of Microsoft SQL Server Database and its client tool - SQL Servers Management Studio.