Android Fundamentals: Intents
Intents allow Android apps to work together. In this course, you'll learn how to use intents to launch other activities both within your own app and outside, plus how to accept intents from other apps.
What you'll learn
At the core of developing any Android application is how different components work together. Android achieves that by intents. In this course, Android Fundamentals: Intents, you'll learn different ways to use intents with activities, including both within your own app and outside. First, you'll cover how to use explicit intents to launch an activity within your app. Next, you'll delve into how to use implicit intents to launch an activity outside of your app. Finally, you'll explore how to use intent filters to accept intents from other apps. By the end of this course, you'll have the fundamental knowledge of Android intents, and how to utilize it to have different apps working together seamlessly.
Table of contents
- Overview 2m
- Using ACTION_VIEW to Launch the Browser and Open Google Maps 6m
- Using ACTION_DIAL to Launch the Phone Dialer 2m
- Using ACTION_GET_CONTENT to Get an Image from the Gallery 5m
- Using ACTION_SEND to Share Text and Image 6m
- Handling the Case When No Activities Matches the Intent 4m
- Conclusion 2m
About the author
Network Interface Layer and Ethernet Operation for Cisco CCNA 200-125/100-105
- 3h 5m