Android Fundamentals: View Binding
View Binding library makes binding views in your Android project easy. This course will teach you how to replace the findViewById method with View Binding and make your code safe and concise.
What you'll learn
Binding views with an app’s logic has been a problem for Android developers for a long time. In this course, Android Fundamentals: View Binding, you’ll learn to use View Binding library in your Android project. First, you’ll explore how to integrate View Binding into an Android project. Next, you’ll discover how to use View Binding in different components of an Android app. Finally, you’ll learn how to migrate from other solutions to the View Binding library. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of how to use View Binding library needed to make your codebase safe with less boilerplate code.
Table of contents
- Introduction 2m
- Introduction to the Demo Project 2m
- Creating a Project and Enabling View Binding 3m
- Integrating View Binding in Activities 7m
- Integrating View Binding in Fragments 3m
- Integrating View Binding in Custom Views 3m
- Using View Binding with the Include Tag 2m
- Disabling View Binding 1m
- Handling Nullability 2m
- Summary 1m