Beginner's Guide to Vector Drawing in Illustrator
In this Adobe Illustrator tutorial, we'll be teaching you essential workflows, terms, and techniques to help you get started with Vector Drawing. Software required: Illustrator CS6.
What you'll learn
In this Adobe Illustrator tutorial, we'll be teaching you essential workflows, terms, and techniques to help you get started with Vector Drawing. We'll start off by learning the difference between pixel-based and vector art. From here we'll break down the anatomy of vector art learning about each important component. Next we'll move forward and learn about object selection and transformation before mastering the manipulation of anchor points. After that, we'll focus on creating and assigning attributes to our vector shapes before wrapping things up by learning about object organization, layering, and converting raster graphics to vectors. After completing this training, you will have a good understanding of the basic terms, tools, and techniques you'll need in order to be successful with vector drawing. Software required: Illustrator CS6.
Table of contents
- Understanding the Difference Between Pixel and Vector Art 8m
- Anatomy of a Vector 10m
- Object Selection and Transformation 13m
- Anchor Point Manipulation 7m
- Attributes for Vector Objects 11m
- Creating Vector Shapes 12m
- Mastering the Pen Tool 11m
- Understanding Object Layering and Organization 11m
- Changing Raster Graphics into Vector 8m