Cisco Collaboration Core: QoS and Collaboration Applications
More than ever, people are working from home. Collaboration administrators need to provide secure remote access. You will learn how to set up Cisco IM and Presence to support Jabber, examine Expressway C and E servers, and configure QoS.
What you'll learn
Now, more than ever, people are choosing to work from home. Today’s collaboration administrators need to be able to provide secure remote access to support these users, as well as be able to deploy Cisco Jabber software clients.
In this course, Cisco Collaboration Core: QoS and Collaboration Applications, we are going to examine how Cisco provides remote access, utilizes Jabber, and implements quality of service on their routers and switches to support voice and video.
First, you will learn how Cisco Expressway C and E servers work together to create a firewall traversal solution for Internet-based collaboration endpoints. Next, you will explore how to configure both Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco IM and Presence to work together to support the remote Cisco Jabber software endpoints.
You will also see how to create and deploy Cisco Unity Connection call management components: call handlers, directory handlers, and interview handlers. You will examine the need for QoS in collaboration networks and look at the various methods you can use to classify and mark IP packets using the Differentiated Services bits.
Finally, you will discover how to configure inbound and outbound router-based QoS policies for LAN and WAN interfaces as well as how to prioritize voice using Catalyst switch QoS commands.
When you are finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge needed to understand Cisco Expressway remote access, deploy IM and Presence used with Jabber, create Unity Connection call handlers, configure QoS to prioritize voice and video, while being well on your way to passing the Cisco Collaboration Core exam.
Table of contents
- Intro 1m
- Examining Jabber Protocols and Features 7m
- Examining Jabber Operational Modes 9m
- Demo: Accessing Cisco Collaboration Sandbox Servers 4m
- Demo: Configuring CUCM Integration With IM and Presence 5m
- Demo: Configuring IM and Presence to Integrate with CUCM 5m
- Demo: Configuring CUCM to Deploy Jabber 9m
- Intro 1m
- Demo: Configuring QOS Inbound Class-based Marking 8m
- Demo: Configuring QoS Outbound Class-based Queueing 8m
- Demo: Configuring Router Based Auto QoS Discovery and VoIP 10m
- Examining Campus QoS Classification and Marking 10m
- Demo: Configuring DSCP for SIP Endpoints Within CUCM 3m
- Demo: Configuring Auto QoS VoIP on LAN Switch 8m