Getting Started with InDesign
In this series of lessons, we will focus on getting you up and running quickly with InDesign. Software required: InDesign CS5.
What you'll learn
In this series of lessons, we will focus on getting you up and running quickly with InDesign. We'll get started by learning how to setup a new document for our layout in InDesign. As part of the process of preparing our document, we'll learn about things like master pages as well as columns, margins, and guides. Next we'll break down how InDesign creates and works with objects that are both text and image based. We'll not only learn how to bring in text from files generated in Microsoft Word but we'll also learn how to streamline the formatting of this text using a paragraph style. To wrap things up, we'll learn how to package and export our files. Software required: InDesign CS5.
Table of contents
- Document Creation and Workspace Overview 11m
- Managing Pages in the Pages Panel 12m
- Understanding InDesign's Rulers, Guides, and Margins 12m
- Understanding InDesign Objects 11m
- Creating Vector Graphics and Color Overview 11m
- Creating Text Objects 13m
- Bringing in Image Content 9m
- Bringing in Text Content 14m
- Formatting Text Using Paragraph Styles 15m
- Understanding Object Effects 8m
- Packaging Files and Exporting a PDF 10m