Getting Started in SolidWorks
In this tutorial we will go over how to create basic parts and a simple assembly using SolidWorks. Software required: SolidWorks 2013 SP3.0.
What you'll learn
In this tutorial we will go over how to create basic parts and a simple assembly using SolidWorks.You will be introduced to SolidWorks and how it is used in engineering design. You will see how to create and work with sketches, the most basic element of any design. Next, we will cover how to use the sketches to create and control features which are in turn used to create parts. You will then learn how to use parts to create assemblies and how to control the motion of parts relative to each other. Most importantly, you will become familiar with the software so that you will have a set of skills which may then be used to explore other tools which are available in part and assembly creation. Software required: SolidWorks 2013 SP3.0.
Table of contents
- SolidWorks User Interface 11m
- Creating the First Part Using an Extrude 10m
- Building the Cam Using an Extrude and Cuts 9m
- Building the Slide Using a Bidirectional Cut 9m
- Creating the Contact Plate Using a Revolve 7m
- Creating the Toggle Using a Loft 15m
- Creating the Base Using Basic Features in Different Fashions 13m
- Beginning an Assembly 7m
- Assembling the Parts Using Mates 11m
- Creating an Angular Limit Mate 13m
- Some Common Errors and Fixes 6m