Creating Graphs in Illustrator
In this series of lessons, we will focus on creating graphs in Illustrator. Software required: Illustrator CS5.
What you'll learn
In this series of lessons, we will focus on creating graphs in Illustrator. We'll get started by learning how Illustrator sees our data and what it returns to us as a graph. Next, we'll learn how to create and modify a basic graph using the graph data window. We'll also take a look at some ways that we can bring data in from an outside application such as Microsoft Excel for use in our graph. From there, we'll focus on improving the visual appeal of our graph, first using graph designs, and then by applying graphic styles. Finally, we'll learn how we can really take our graph to the next level using 3D effects inside Illustrator. Software required: Illustrator CS5.
Table of contents
- Understanding How Illustrator Builds a Graph 7m
- Creating a Basic Graph 11m
- Modifying a Graph 7m
- Creating a Graph with Microsoft Excel Data 4m
- Making Group Selections 11m
- Creating and Applying a Graph Design 7m
- Creating and Applying a Marker Design 7m
- Improving the Look of Our Graph Without Breaking It 10m
- Adding 3D Effects to a Graph 10m
- Adding a Translucent Feel to a 3D Graph 11m