Maya 2019 Fundamentals: Dynamics, Lighting and Rendering
Maya is the industry-standard digital content creation application in both film and games. Grasping the fundamentals is imperative for any artist bound for careers in these industries. This course will help get you started.
What you'll learn
Maya is the industry-standard for creating digital content in film and games. It is imperative for any artist bound for careers in these industries to grasp the fundamentals of Maya. In this course, Maya 2019 Fundamentals: Dynamics, Lighting and Rendering, you’ll gain a fundamental knowledge of dynamics, lighting and rendering. First, you’ll learn dynamics, focusing on Maya’s nParticle system. Next, you’ll explore lighting using both Maya lights and Arnold-specific lights. Finally, you’ll discover how to render out a scene with animation. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have a foundational knowledge of Maya that will help you as you move forward to master this digital content creation application. Software required: Maya 2019.
Table of contents
- Setting up a Basic Emitter 6m
- Rules for Working with Dynamics 6m
- Common Particle Attributes 11m
- Baking the Camera Projection 9m
- Creating and Animating the Dust Emitter 10m
- Setting the Speed and Emission of Particles 9m
- Adjusting the Look and Behavior of Particles 10m
- Setting up Particle Shading 13m
- Caching Particle Simulations 11m