Transforming Robot Production Pipeline Volume 3: Truck Texturing
In this tutorial, we will learn about the process of texturing our transforming robot's vehicle form. Software required: MARI 1.4v2.
What you'll learn
In this tutorial, we will learn about the process of texturing our transforming robot's vehicle form. To get started, you should know that this course will focus on providing you with a high level glimpse at my thought process in painting the textures for our truck asset. While we won't focus on painting every stroke of our textures, I will be walking you through each step, demonstrating techniques as well as providing insight into the process. Throughout this course, we will reveal valuable information about this process including targeting geometry for painting on a complex model, using lights and masking to paint texture in hard to reach places, and using MARI 1.4's layered painting unproject and project workflow to create decals for our vehicle. After completing this course, you'll not only know how the texture maps for our truck were painted but you'll also gain insight into the thought process behind painting them. Software required: MARI 1.4v2.
Table of contents
- Dealing with Overlapping UVs in MARI 7m
- Targeting Geometry for Painting 12m
- Painting with Images 13m
- Adjusting Lighting to Paint in Hard to See Areas 7m
- Controlling Paint with Masks 12m
- Creating and Projecting Decals Onto the Truck 12m
- Painting Dirt and Scratches 13m
- Creating Bump Information for the Truck 9m
- Creating and Exporting Maps for the Truck 7m