Understanding Object Transformations in InDesign
In this series of lessons, we will learn about object transformations in InDesign. Software required: InDesign CS5.
What you'll learn
In this series of lessons, we will learn about object transformations in InDesign. We'll get started by learning how the basic selection tool can be used not only to move objects but to resize, scale, and rotate them as well. Next we'll learn about a number of other, more specialized tools that InDesign includes for transforming objects. From there we'll learn how to fully utilize the transform panel as well as a variety of ways we can duplicate objects. We will learn to view transformations as actions that can be repeated singularly or in a sequence. We'll also learn how to transform and fit images within their frames. To wrap things up, we'll learn how to apply effects to the corners of our objects as well as to the various levels within an object. After completing this course you should have all the knowledge you need to transform any object within InDesign. Software required: InDesign CS5.
Table of contents
- Basic Object Transformations Using the Selection Tool 12m
- Additional Tools for Object Transformations 14m
- Transforming Objects with the Transform Panel 11m
- Changing Transformation Settings 11m
- Understanding Object Duplication 9m
- Repeating and Clearing Transformations 9m
- Transforming Images and the Frame That Contains Them 12m
- Understanding Corner Effects 9m
- Understanding Object Effects 11m