Understanding the Relationship Between Logo, Identity, and Brand
Understanding the relationship between a logo, an identity and branding is critical for a graphic designer. Software required: .
What you'll learn
Understanding the relationship between a logo, an identity and branding is critical for a graphic designer. While these three are all related, they are in fact very different. In this course we will begin to explore this relationship by walking through the creative process for our client, mantra spa. After taking a moment to learn the difference between a logo, an identity, and a brand, we will learn about the creation of a creative brief for mantra spa. Next, we will continue through the creative process learning about concepts that come up during the sketching and building of a logo in Illustrator. During the last few lessons of this course we will learn how the identity for mantra spa can be established by creating a style guide or graphics standards manual. After completing this course, you will not only know the difference between logo design, identity design, and branding, but you will also have a solid understanding of the steps that should be taken by a designer to help a new client establish each one. Software required: .
Table of contents
- Is It a Logo, Identity or Brand? 8m
- Mantra: Exploring the Problem, Goals and Creative Brief 10m
- Mantra: Sketch Review 11m
- Mantra: Building the Logo 11m
- Mantra: Selecting and Apply Colors and Font 15m
- Introducing the Style Guide 10m
- Style Guide: Logo Specifications 10m
- Style Guide: Color Specifications 6m
- Style Guide: Type Specifications 7m