Using TypeScript for Large AngularJS Applications
This course examines how to use TypeScript with a large AngularJS application and uncovers the positives and negatives along the way.
What you'll learn
When AngularJS applications move beyond a micro size and into a larger amount of files, structure and maintenance rapidly increase in importance. Adding TypeScript to the mix can provide big benefits to a team working on the application. This course will walk through how to write AngularJS code using TypeScript, covering everything from the config and run phases through all of the provider types in AngularJS. It will also deep dive into specific scenarios to reveal potential gotchas, as well as development workflow gains when using TypeScript in an AngularJS application. By the end of the course, you will have learned and been exposed to enough of what that experience is like to be able to determine if TypeScript is right for your AngularJS project and team.
Table of contents
- Finding Balance in TypeScript and AngularJS 4m
- Leveraging TypeScript Interfaces in AngularJS 11m
- TypeScript Module Namespacing Residue 5m
- TypeScript Module Namespace Collisions 8m
- Working with the This Keyword 7m
- TypeScript Source Maps and the This Keyword 10m
- AngularJS Directives as TypeScript Classes 11m
- Recap 4m