Your First Day with Shading Networks in Maya
An important part of creating amazing renders in Maya is knowing how to build materials and shaders that give your geometry just the look you're after. Software required: Maya 2015.
What you'll learn
An important part of creating amazing renders in Maya is knowing how to build materials and shaders that give your geometry just the look you're after. This can quickly become overwhelming without a solid foundation in the process of building a shading network. This training will provide just that for you. We'll start off by learning what a shading network is and where in Maya we can build and manage them. We'll then begin exploring the many intricacies of shading networks beginning with viewing connections and arranging nodes, making and breaking connections, and assigning our shading networks to geometry in Maya. We'll wrap this training up by creating and applying our own custom shading network. After finishing this training, you will have a solid foundation of knowledge to build on as you begin creating your own shading networks. Software required: Maya 2015.
Table of contents
- Understanding Shading Networks 5m
- Opening the Hypershade 9m
- Viewing and Arranging Hypershade Nodes 7m
- Viewing Shading Network Connections in Maya 7m
- Connecting Nodes in the Hypershade 10m
- Disconnecting Hypershade Nodes 6m
- Assigning Materials to Maya Geometry 9m
- Organizing Your Shaders in Maya 8m
- Building Your First Shading Network in Maya 14m