- A Cloud Guru
Create a Custom AWS VPC and DHCP Option Set
The goal of this hands-on lab is to create a custom DHCP option set for the VPC. We will walk through a VPC refresher and build a VPC from scratch, and then create the custom DHCP option set and assign the new option set to an EC2 instance.
Table of Contents
Create an AWS VPC
- Create a VPC.
- Create an internet gateway, and attach it to your VPC.
- Create a route table.
- Add a route to the route table with the following values:
- Destination: 0.0.0.0/0
- Target: The internet gateway you created
- Create a subnet with an IPv4 CIDR block of 10.0.1.0/24. Then, associate it with your VPC and the route table you created.
Create a Custom DHCP Options Set
- Create a DHCP options set, and associate it with your VPC.
- Create an EC2 instance associated with your VPC and subnet.
- Once it's created, ensure its private DNS matches the domain name you entered for the DHCP options set.
What's a lab?
Hands-on Labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn. These environments help you gain knowledge and experience, practice without compromising your system, test without risk, destroy without fear, and let you learn from your mistakes. Hands-on Labs: practice your skills before delivering in the real world.