- A Cloud Guru
Exploring Emacs Navigation
In this lab, you will be opening a file in Emacs and navigating a buffer by various Emacs keys and using a search function. In addition, you will select a region of text within a buffer. Basic knowledge of opening files, along with searching and moving in Emacs, is recommended. Upon completing this lab, you will know how to open a file in Emacs, use basic navigation keys to move around a buffer, search text, and select a region of text.
Table of Contents
Open the File /tmp/emacs_navigation
- Start Emacs
- Using Emacs, open the file
Test Emacs Movement
- Jump to the end of the buffer.
- Jump to the start of the buffer.
- Move by word to the end of the first sentence in the buffer.
- Jump to the beginning of the first sentence in the buffer.
Test Emacs Incremental Search
- Use incremental search to find the phrase "Hello Gurus".
Test Emacs Region Selection
- Select all the text that follows the phrase "Hello Gurus".
What's a lab?
Hands-on Labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn. These environments help you gain knowledge and experience, practice without compromising your system, test without risk, destroy without fear, and let you learn from your mistakes. Hands-on Labs: practice your skills before delivering in the real world.