- A Cloud Guru
Installing and Configuring Wordpress in Lightsail
In this learning activity, we will use Amazon Lightsail to create a simple Wordpress blog. The goal of this activity is to gain experience with: * Creating a Lightsail instance with pre-installed applications * Connecting to instances using the web console or local SSH client * Creating and attaching static IP addresses to instances * Diagnosing and updating network restrictions that apply to instances These objectives will help us build a foundation for more advanced Lightsail use.
Table of Contents
Create a Lightsail instance using the Wordpress blueprint.
- Create a Lightsail instance using the Wordpress blueprint.
- Select the
2 GBmemory instance size.
- Connect to the instance using SSH and obtain the Wordpress admin password.
- Using the admin password, connect to http://instanceip/wpadmin and create a blog post.
- Navigate to http://instanceip and ensure you can see the post.
Allocate a static IP for the instance.
- Create and attach a static IP address to the instance.
- Confirm visually and functionally that the IP address is static.
- Navigate to http://instancestaticip to ensure the IP address is functional.
Prune the network firewall to allow only essential ports.
- Disallow SSH connectivity to the Wordpress instance.
- Disallow HTTPS connectivity to the Wordpress instance.
Tidy up networking and delete the instance.
- Detach and remove the Wordpress instance's static public IP.
- Delete the Wordpress instance.
What's a lab?
Hands-on Labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn. These environments help you gain knowledge and experience, practice without compromising your system, test without risk, destroy without fear, and let you learn from your mistakes. Hands-on Labs: practice your skills before delivering in the real world.