- A Cloud Guru
Creating Storage Accounts in Azure with PowerShell
In this lab we walk through using Azure PowerShell to create a Storage account. This beginner-level hands-on lab covers several concepts, including the following. * Creating variables to store key parameters. * Identifying the proper cmdlets to create the new Storage account. * Creating the Storage account and entering the correct parameters. This hands-on lab uses the Azure Cloud Shell, so there's no need to install any software. This way it's possible to follow along at work or home using the web browser.
Table of Contents
Create the Variables
Use the instructions below as a guide. Refer to the video for complete steps.
Note: The resource group has already been created.
- Log in to the Azure Portal using the provided credentials.
- Navigate to the Cloud Shell using the
>_icon in the toolbar.
- Use PowerShell in the Cloud Shell.
- Identify the existing resource group with
- Set a variable for the existing resource group name.
- Set a variable for the location.
Create the Azure Storage Account
Create the new Azure Storage account with the following information.
- Resource group: Use the variable created in the previous task.
- Name: Create a unique name for the storage account.
- Location: Use the variable created in the previous task.
- SKUName: Standard_LRS
- Kind: StorageV2
- Create the Storage account with
What's a lab?
Hands-on Labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn. These environments help you gain knowledge and experience, practice without compromising your system, test without risk, destroy without fear, and let you learn from your mistakes. Hands-on Labs: practice your skills before delivering in the real world.