- A Cloud Guru
Getting Started with Azure Templates
In this lab, we use the Azure Portal to examine the components that make up an Azure QuickStart virtual machine template to gain a better understanding of the JSON template file structure.
Table of Contents
Access the Azure Portal
Launch the Azure Portal:
- Open an incognito or private browser.
- Launch the lab.
- Use the supplied username and password to connect.
Run the Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Quickstart Template
- Instead of going into the Marketplace, select Virtual Machines and Create, Virtual Machine.
- Choose "Windows Server 2016 Datacenter - Gen 1"
- Supply a virtual machine name.
- Supply a username and password.
- Complete the steps to finish the template.
- Download the template.
Questions: Identify the Azure Templates Components
Try to answer the following questions:
- What is the schema and version?
- How many parameters are there?
- How many variables are there?
- Where would one change the name of the virtual network?
- How many resources make up a Windows 2016 quickstart VM?
What's a lab?
Hands-on Labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn. These environments help you gain knowledge and experience, practice without compromising your system, test without risk, destroy without fear, and let you learn from your mistakes. Hands-on Labs: practice your skills before delivering in the real world.