- A Cloud Guru
Deploying and Managing an App Engine Solution in Google Cloud
Your team wants you to use a python application to deploy through Google Cloud App Engine. From there, they would like for you to deliver 2 different versions to the end-users to A/B test to see which version does best!
Table of Contents
Deploy the App Engine Service
- Launch GCP Cloud Shell.
- Initialize App Engine.
- Set the region to us-central.
- Clone the GitHub repo.
- Deploy the application.
- Verify the application reaches the "Hello World!" test page.
Create 2 Versions of the Application
- Open Cloud Shell to access the IDE.
- Find the
python-docs-samples > appengine > standard_python3 > hello_world/main.pyfile.
- On line 30 and 32, replace "Hello World!" text with "Hello, Cloud Gurus!"
- Save the file.
- Head back to the Cloud Shell terminal.
- Deploy the second version.
- Navigate to App Engine.
- Split traffic and have each version serve 50% traffic to each.
- Test each version. You should be able to see both versions when using each ID.
What's a lab?
Hands-on Labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn. These environments help you gain knowledge and experience, practice without compromising your system, test without risk, destroy without fear, and let you learn from your mistakes. Hands-on Labs: practice your skills before delivering in the real world.