Android Fundamentals: Activities
The most basic component of an Android application is the Activity. Without an Activity a user cannot interact with the application UI and this course will show you the conceptual topics related to an Activity.
What you'll learn
Start developing Android apps and get a deeper knowledge of basic Android Components such as Activities in real quick time. In this course, Android Fundamentals: Activities, you'll be learning all about Activity and its related fundamental concepts. First, you'll get an introduction to Android Components and progressively cover the topic of Event Handling, Logcat, and also dive into the building block component of any Android apps. You'll be learning about Android Component Activity such as its lifecycle and its behavior on screen rotation. Finally you'll learn how to exchange data between activities. By the end of this course, you'll have a very strong foundation on the topic of android activities.
Table of contents
- Behavior of Activity Lifecycle When the Screen Is Rotated 4m
- Consequences of Screen Rotation 3m
- Impact of Screen Rotation on Views 6m
- Solution One : Restoring Back the Activity State 5m
- Solution One Demo : Restoring Back the Activity State 10m
- Using Separate Layouts for Portrait and Landscape Modes 5m
- Solution Two : Handling Configuration Changes Yourself 9m
- Summary 2m
- What Next? 1m