Prepare for the ARE Vol. 1: Practice Management
Preparing for the ARE 5.0 is no easy task. This course on Practice Management will focus on high-level principles of running an effective architectural practice.
What you'll learn
Congratulations! You've established eligibility to prepare for and take your Architects Registration Exams. It is no easy feat, but with the help of Pluralsight's ARE Preparation series you will be knowledgeable enough to pass all exams without breaking a sweat.
The ARE 5.0 Preparation series has six volumes, each tackling the concepts outlined by NCARB for the exam.
Volume 1 addresses the fundamentals of Practice Management, directly from the test specification outline. They include:
- Business operation
- Development of practice
- Delivery of services
- Practice methodologies
Table of contents
- Finances, Risk & Development of Practice 2m
- Financial Plan: Part 1 5m
- Financial Plan: Part 2 7m
- Financial Plan: Part 3 7m
- Financial Management Systems 14m
- Managing Cash & Financial Strength 9m
- Risk Preamble 5m
- Risk Exposures 6m
- Risk Management Methods 6m
- Branding & Best Practices 12m
- Americans with Disabilities Act 8m
- Disputes 11m
- Practice-Wide Delivery of Services 1m
- Structure of Contracts Overview 5m
- Contract Terms 6m
- Architect's Contracted Terms 3m
- Overview of Phases: Pre-Design 4m
- Overview of Phases: Schematic Design 3m
- Overview of Phases: Entitlements 3m
- Overview of Phases: Design Development 3m
- Overview of Phases: Construction Documents 3m
- Overview of Phases: Bidding & Negotiation 2m
- Overview of Phases: Construction Administration 4m
- Delivery Methods 11m
- Practice Methodologies 1m
- Firm Structure: Sole Proprietor 3m
- Firm Structure: Partnership 5m
- Firm Structure: LLC 3m
- Firm Structure: Corporations 7m
- Firm Roles 7m
- Insurance: Professional Liability 3m
- Insurance: Coverage Terminology 8m
- Insurance: Commercial General Liability 2m
- Insurance Extras 2m
- Employer-related Insurance 7m
The Architect Registration Examination 5.0 is the NCARB's current exam for license candidacy.
This ARE 5.0 prep course is for ARE candidates preparing to take on the ARE 5.0 Practice Management division.
This course will discuss the content of the ARE 5.0 as well as test-taking strategies and act as your ARE 5.0 Practice Management study guide.
Whether you are just starting or are already done with your architectural experience program, it is never too early to start preparing for the ARE.