Exploring mental ray Materials in Maya
In this Maya tutorial we will walk through creating a variety of challenging material types. Software required: Maya 2012.
What you'll learn
In this Maya tutorial we will walk through creating a variety of challenging material types. These videos will walk through the essential tools for creating photorealistic materials. We'll start with establishing our shading toolkit through the various models of simulating real-world light interactions. Then we'll jump into a series of challenging material types, and develop the basic shading networks required to make them happen. The Dragon model is sourced from the Stanford Computer Graphics Laboratory - http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/ Software required: Maya 2012.
Table of contents
- Shading and Material Fundamentals 10m
- Working with Glass 14m
- Shading for Liquid Interfaces 13m
- Glass Materials and Translucency 5m
- Creating Shiny Metal 15m
- Iridescent Effects with Facing Ratios 13m
- Iridescent Effects with Ambient Occlusion 15m
- Iridescent Effects with Color Crawl 30m
- Subsurface Scattering for White Marble 30m
- Creating a Car Paint Material 16m
- Looking at the Lighting Setup 7m