Creating Cartoon Characters in Maya
This course will teach you the fundamentals in creating a cartoon character in Maya. Such as modeling from reference images, proper topology for deformations, and UV layout. Software required: Maya 2017, Photoshop CS4.
What you'll learn
At the core of character modeling is a thorough knowledge of Maya. In this course, Creating Cartoon Characters in Maya, you'll learn some important modeling principles and techniques for creating a stylized character from concept to final UV's. First, you'll discover how to use image planes to guide the creation of a model. Next, you'll explore the proper edge flow for key areas that have heavy deformations, such as the hands and face. Then, you'll learn the toolsets for unfolding and laying out UV's. Finally, you'll finish up with how to cleanup files and how to organize the. By the end of this course, you'll have the proper knowledge and skillset to create production quality character models. Software required: Maya 2017, Photoshop CS4.
Table of contents
- Creating the Jacket: Chest and Arms 8m
- Refine the Jacket: Adding Front Flap 7m
- Finalizing the Jacket: Adding Buttons 7m
- Create the Scarf 7m
- Finalizing the Scarf: Adding Wrinkles 5m
- Creating a Base Mesh for the Gloves: Fingers 7m
- Creating a Base Mesh for the Gloves: Palm 7m
- Finalizing the Gloves 8m
- Modeling the Outfit: Jacket, Scarf, and Gloves Summary 1m