Methods for Drawing the Human Ear
In this tutorial, we'll look at different methods for drawing the human ear. Software required: Photoshop CC 14.2.
What you'll learn
In this tutorial, we'll look at different methods for drawing the human ear. We'll begin this process by discussing the placement and external anatomy of the human ear to gain an understanding of it's exterior structure. We'll also learn what the different external formations of the ear are called and how we can see certain parts as simple shapes. Following this, we'll examine images of different ears to see how this overall structure can vary from person to person. From here we'll spend several lessons focusing on how we can draw the ear from different view points in addition to sharing a method of shading an ear to view it more three dimensionally. By gaining an understanding of how you can easily construct the formations that make up the ear, you'll be able to draw them with more confidence on your own projects. Software required: Photoshop CC 14.2.
Table of contents
- Overview of External Ear Anatomy 9m
- Constructing the Ear from the Side View 8m
- Rendering the Ear from the Side View 10m
- Constructing the Ear from the Back View 8m
- Constructing the Ear from the Front View 8m
- Sketching the Ear from a Three-quarter Front View 8m
- Sketching the Ear from a Three-quarter Back View 9m