- A Cloud Guru
Working with Remote Administration via VNC on SUSE Linux Enterprise
In this lab, you'll look at the SSH client and server options that work together to make secure connections, including the `ssh_config` and `sshd_config` files. You'll view the file configurations and make some changes that ensure `root` users are not allowed to sign on via SSH.
Table of Contents
Establish a Remote Administration Session to a Lab Server via an SSH Tunnel and the VNC Viewer App
- Establish a secure SSH tunnel from your local system to the lab server.
- Find and install the VNC viewer application for your host operating system.
- Connect to the remote server via the VNC viewer application and show how it's a remote desktop session.
- Change the session graphics quality and speed.
Connect to the Remote Lab Server and View the Remote Administration Configuration Details
- Connect to the remote server via the command line and run the YaST tool with options to show the configuration of the Remote Management module.
- Restart the vncmanager service if problems occur with the remote administration service.
What's a lab?
Hands-on Labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn. These environments help you gain knowledge and experience, practice without compromising your system, test without risk, destroy without fear, and let you learn from your mistakes. Hands-on Labs: practice your skills before delivering in the real world.