- A Cloud Guru
Applying Conditions to Your Bicep Files to Deploy at Scale
In this lab, we will exercise the ability to deploy identical resources without having to add each resource manually, as well as add conditional logic to decide if resources should be deployed or not. We will do this by adding a loop and a condition based on parameter values.
Table of Contents
- Grab the
initialdeploy.bicepfile to be edited:
- Add a parameter in the Bicep file for number of storage accounts.
- Add a loop to the storage account resource to deploy based on the number in the parameter.
- Grab the
- Add a parameter in the Bicep file to determine if the storage accounts are new or existing.
- Only allow the following values for the parameter:
- Add a condition to the storage account resource to only deploy the resource if the parameter value is 'new'.
Deploy Bicep File
- Test to see if condition works by using 'existing' as parameter value.
- Test to see if condition works by using 'new' as parameter value.
- Deploy 3 storage accounts.
What's a lab?
Hands-on Labs are real environments created by industry experts to help you learn. These environments help you gain knowledge and experience, practice without compromising your system, test without risk, destroy without fear, and let you learn from your mistakes. Hands-on Labs: practice your skills before delivering in the real world.