Integrating Ansible with GitHub Actions
This course will teach you how to run Ansible playbooks using GitHub Actions. You will learn how to set up workflows and securely connect with the servers you manage.
What you'll learn
When your usage of Ansible playbooks increases, it becomes increasingly harder to run them securely and successfully by hand. In this course, Integrating Ansible with GitHub Actions, you’ll learn to run Ansible playbooks using GitHub Actions. First, you’ll explore GitHub Actions, triggers, and workflows, including automated validations in your workflows to prevent committing Ansible files that are not well-formatted. Next, you’ll discover how to create deployment pipelines for your Ansible playbooks to deploy updates automatically. Finally, you’ll learn different ways for securely connecting to your servers using GitHub actions. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of GitHub Actions needed to securely automate running Ansible playbooks.
Table of contents
- Introduction 2m
- Use Case: Configuring a Linux, Apache, and PHP Server 1m
- The Reasons for Source Control 3m
- Demo: Storing Playbooks in GitHub 8m
- GitHub Actions: Workflows, Actions, and Triggers 5m
- Demo: Creating a Workflow for Linting Ansible Playbooks 10m
- Demo: Running the Linting Workflow on Every Push and Pull Request 8m
- Summary 1m