Continuous Integration with Atlassian Bamboo
Atlassian’s Bamboo is an on-premise, commercial continuous integration tool. This course will teach you Bamboo’s core concepts that allow you to build and test your applications, install and administer Bamboo for multiple teams, and more.
What you'll learn
Continuous integration is the practice of developers on a team committing their code changes to a shared mainline multiple times per day. Each check-in is built and tested by an automated build. The practice is beneficial and popular enough that there are many CI tools, and learning them can be a challenge.
Atlassian’s Bamboo is a commercial, on-premise continuous integration tool with powerful features and a clean user-interface out-of-the-box. In this course, Continuous Integration with Atlassian Bamboo, you will learn how to build and deploy a non-trivial application with many types of tests with Bamboo.
First, you will learn all of the fundamental Bamboo concepts that are used to build, test, and deploy applications.
Then, you’ll see the functions allowing you to administer Bamboo for multiple teams and integrate it with other tools such as the popular JIRA planning application.
Finally, you’ll see how Bamboo can help with branch management and even allow you to define your builds as code.
When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the knowledge you need to use and administer Bamboo to support continuous integration for you own products and teams.
Table of contents
- Module Overview 0m
- Pipelines 0m
- Bamboo Plans and Stages 3m
- Demo: Creating Plans and Stages 7m
- Bamboo Jobs, Artifacts, and Tasks 4m
- Demo: Creating Jobs, Artifacts, and Tasks 8m
- Bamboo Plan Execution Concepts 4m
- Demo: Executing a Plan Manually and Viewing Results 3m
- Demo: Triggering a Plan via Code Changes 1m
- Demo: Identifying Agents and Finding Working Directories 4m
- Bamboo Users, Groups, and Permissions 2m
- Demo: Adding Users and Groups 4m
- Module Summary 1m
- Module Overview 1m
- The RxDemo Pipelines 4m
- Demo: Server Pipeline, Build, and Unit Test 5m
- Demo: Server Pipeline, Parallel Acceptance Tests 4m
- Demo: Server Pipeline, Deployment 3m
- Demo: UI Pipeline, Build, and Unit Test 6m
- Demo: UI Pipeline, Deployment 3m
- Demo: End to End Post-deployment Test Plan 4m
- Demo: Preventing Parallel Execution of Deployment and E2E Testing Jobs 2m
- Demo: Full Pipeline Execution from Code Change 4m
- Demo: Tour of a Broken Build 2m
- Module Summary 1m
Atlassian Bamboo is a continuous integration and deployment server used for automated builds, tests, and releases in a single workflow.
In this course you will learn:
- An introduction to Bamboo
- Continuous Integration overview
- To install and set up Bamboo
- Bamboo core concepts
- To build and run the RxDemo pipeline
- To set up and run a deployment plan
- Administration and integration
- And much more
This course is for anyone who wants to learn Atlassian Bamboo and how it is a helpful continuous integration tool for developers.
This is an intermediate level course, so you should be somewhat familiar with CI/CD Pipeline concepts. You do not, however, need previous experience with Atlassian Bamboo itself.