Creating Atmospheric Depth for Illustrations in Photoshop
We will begin this process by learning what atmosphere is by looking at some real life examples and discuss how light interacts with atmosphere. Software required: Photoshop CS6.
What you'll learn
We will begin this process by learning what atmosphere is by looking at some real life examples and discuss how light interacts with atmosphere. From there we'll study some other examples of atmospheric effects such as misty and foggy conditions as well as sunsets. Along the way we'll explore how we can incorporate these different atmospheric effects into an illustration. As we'll see, adding atmosphere to an illustration can strengthen the depth and perspective of the scene along with reinforcing the visual direction of the composition. By implementing the concepts we cover about atmosphere in this course, you'll be able to push the visual depth, direction, and appeal of your own illustrations. Software required: Photoshop CS6.
Table of contents
- Examining Examples of Atmospheric Depth 9m
- Painting Layers of Atmosphere on Our Illustration 11m
- Examining Examples of Fog and Mist 7m
- Transforming Our Scene into a Foggy Atmosphere 9m
- Examining Examples of Sunsets 7m
- Transforming Our Illustration into a Sunset Scene 9m
- Painting in the Sun, Light Plume, and Water Reflection 9m