Creating Billboard Artwork in Photoshop
In this collection of lessons we will focus on creating billboard artwork in Photoshop. Software required: Photoshop CS5.
What you'll learn
In this collection of lessons we will focus on creating billboard artwork in Photoshop. We will get started by taking a peek into the printing process and learning how to setup our document for this type of printing. Here we will also learn about final print resolution as well as specifics for our bleed area. From there, we will move into creating our artwork. Throughout this process not only will we learn about several valuable tools and techniques in Photoshop, but we will also learn things like how to choose the most effective colors for our design as well as how large should our type be for maximum clarity. After completing this course, you will have all the knowledge you need to dive right in and begin creating effective artwork for this out of home medium. Software required: Photoshop CS5.
Table of contents
- Printing Standards and Document Setup 10m
- Creating a Visual Boundary for the Bleed Area 7m
- Creating the Initial Mask for Our Automobile 11m
- Refining Our Automobile's Mask 14m
- Color Considerations for Billboard Printing 9m
- Building Our Background Stripe Pattern 10m
- Type Considerations for Billboard Printing 11m
- Beginning to Format Typographic Elements 12m
- Finishing Formatting for Typographic Elements 7m
- Preparing Final Files for Print 5m