Building a Complex Polyhedron in Revit
In this series of tutorials, we will learn to create a complex polyhedron Revit family using adaptive components. Software required: Revit 2014.
What you'll learn
In this series of tutorials, we will learn to create a complex polyhedron Revit family using adaptive components. Throughout these lessons, we will understand the geometry of the snub dodecahedron. We will learn to create the faces as adaptive component families and also learn to create faces as adaptive components which use multiple placement points to determine orientation of the face. Finally we will learn to manipulate rotation angle of a point and use those adaptive component families hosted by points to construct the snub dodecahedron. Software required: Revit 2014.
Table of contents
- Geometry and Parameters 7m
- Single Placement Point Face Families 12m
- Single Placement Point Multi-face Families 13m
- Multiple Placement Point Face Families 6m
- Placing the First Layer of Triangles 13m
- Placing the Second Layer of Pentagons and Triangles 14m
- Placing the Third Layer of Pentagons and Triangles 10m
- Finishing Snub Dodecahedron 3m