Cisco CyberOps: Managing Policies and Procedures
Cybersecurity concepts are fundamental pieces of knowledge necessary to have a career in the industry. This course will detail the standards and process around incident response as well as other cyber management concepts to help secure our networks.
What you'll learn
There is a tremendous skill shortage in the cybersecurity sector of IT that is hindering operations at organizations. In this course, Cisco CyberOps: Managing Policies and Procedures, you’ll learn some of the concepts needed to start your journey into the SOC operations realm. First, you’ll learn about management concepts around assets and other elements. Then, you'll dive into how to profile the network and servers in order to better understand them from a security perspective. We’ll focus on the incident response process as defined in NIST SP800-61 and how cyber professionals interact with the process. Finally, you’ll learn about event classification and how they fit into the popular models such as the Cyber Kill Chain and Diamond Model. When you’re finished with this course, you’ll be one step closer to having a solid understanding of cybersecurity concepts and be able to continue learning how to identify problems and perform tasks in a SOC environment.
Table of contents
- Digging Deeper into Assets 5m
- Learning About Server Profiling 4m
- Practicing Server Profiling on Linux 5m
- Practicing Server Profiling on Windows 4m
- Practicing Server Profiling with NMAP 5m
- Learning About Network Profiling 3m
- Practicing Network Profiling with pfsense 4m
- Practicing Network Profiling with Splunk Stream 5m
- Protecting Critical Data 3m