Code School: Try SQL
Learn basic database manipulation skills using the SQL programming language.
What you'll learn
In this beginner level SQL course, you can try out the SQL language and learn the basics:
- explore the ins and outs of databases and how the SQL language interacts with them
- discover how to add, remove, and manipulate data using SQL
- learn how to create, manage and manipulate entire databases and tables with SQL fundamentals
Table of contents
Structured Query Language (SQL) is a programming language used for storing, querying, and manipulating data within relational databases.
This can vary greatly from person to person. But if you already work with computer programming or have some programming knowledge then you could possibly learn basic SQL skills in two to three weeks! This SQL tutorial is the perfect place to begin!
Pluralsight offers several SQL Learning Paths:
Some of the most basic and frequently used SQL commands are:
- SELECT - which extracts data
- UPDATE - which updates data
- DELETE - which deletes data
- INSERT INTO - which inserts new data
This SQL course will teach you the basic database manipulation skills used with SQL coding. Some topics covered include:
- An introduction to Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Guiding data criteria
- Adding data
- Changing current data
- Removing data
- Creating and removing databases and tables
- Manipulating tables
- Much more
Anyone who whats to learn SQL programming language should take this SQL course. If you work with large databases and data, this course will help you learn to effectively manipulate that data to get valuable insights.
You do not need any prior SQL programming experience before taking this course. If you have prior experience with programming and coding then you may have an advantage to learning the material more quickly.