Continuous Delivery and Automation on AWS for DevOps Engineers
DevOps tooling and best practices are critical skills for any software organization. This course will teach you how to leverage DevOps technologies in AWS like infrastructure as code, CI/CD and more to improve your development lifecycle.
What you'll learn
Developing high-quality, scalable software quickly is the holy grail of software development.
In this course, Continuous Delivery and Automation on AWS for DevOps Engineers, you’ll learn to leverage AWS services to implement DevOps best practices.
First, you’ll explore setting up a source control strategy within your development team.
Next, you’ll discover how to leverage infrastructure as code to describe your cloud infrastructure and configuration.
Finally, you’ll learn how to set up robust continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines that can test your software and deploy it intelligently.
When you’re finished with this course, you’ll have the skills and knowledge of AWS DevOps tooling needed to develop applications on AWS that leverage DevOps best practices.
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- Why Learn DevOps? 2m
- What Is DevOps and CI/CD? 2m
- Version Control Systems 1m
- Git Essentials 2m
- Demo - Git-ing Started with Git 5m
- Forks and Branches 6m
- Git Workflows 3m
- Repository Hosting Tools 2m
- Demo - Creating a CodeCommit User and Repository 6m
- Demo - Pushing Our First Commits to CodeCommit 6m
- Demo - Implementing Git Workflows in CodeCommit 3m
- Demo - Merging Our First Feature Branch 10m
- Module Summary 1m
- Overview 1m
- Infrastructure as Code Benefits 5m
- AWS CloudFormation Essentials 5m
- Demo - Deploying CloudFormation Stacks with the AWS Console 7m
- Demo - Deploying CloudFormation Stacks with the AWS CLI 5m
- Demo - Leveraging SSM Parameter Store in Lambda Functions 4m
- Demo - Deploying CloudFormation Stacks with IAM Capabilities 6m
- Overview 1m
- What Is AWS CodeDeploy? 3m
- AWS CodeDeploy Concepts 4m
- Deployment Types: In-place Deployments 2m
- Deployment Types: Blue/Green Deployments 4m
- AppSpec Files 3m
- AppSpec Hooks 5m
- Demo - Creating AWS Networking Resources 9m
- Demo - Creating ECS Resources 6m
- Demo - First Deployment with CodeDeploy 8m
- Demo - Linear Deployments with CodeDeploy 6m
- Demo - Cleaning up Our AWS Resources 5m
- Summary 1m
Amazon Web Service DevOps are used to enhance applications by providing tools intended to deliver applications and services at high velocity.
CodeBuild is a fully managed continuous integration service that compiles source code, runs test, and produces software packages that are ready to deploy.
Some benefits of AWS services consist of: ease of use, flexibility, cost-effectiveness, reliability, scalability, and security.
Git is a distributed version-control system for tracking changes in any set of files.
In this course, you will learn how to create build and test pipelines, deploy applications, manage infrastructure, and create automated release pipelines. By the end of this course, you will know how to leverage several important AWS services.