Contributing to an Open Source Project on GitHub
In this course, you will learn how to get involved in an open source project by being an effective contributor. You'll understand how to onboard yourself, engage the team, work with others, and walk through real-world scenarios.
What you'll learn
Where do you begin to get involved in an open source project? In this course, Contributing to an Open Source Project on GitHub, you will learn foundational knowledge of how to be an effective open source contributor. First, you will explore how to find a project that suits your interests. Next, you will discover how to tackle common pull request scenarios in the real world by working with others. Finally, you will learn how to leverage GitHub's social features to keep updated on what you care about most. When you are finished with this course, you will have the skills and knowledge of working with open source projects needed to make high-quality contributions you will be proud of.
Table of contents
- Overview 1m
- Dealing with Conflict 7m
- Working with Code Reviews 5m
- Resolving Merge Conflicts 4m
- Undoing or Reverting Changes 5m
- Rewriting History and Fixing Mistakes 6m
- Recovering from a Public Rebase 3m
- Integrating Changes from Others 4m
- Splitting a Pull Request Apart 6m
- Checking, Merging, and Closing Pull Requests 5m
- Summary 1m