SharePoint 2010 Administrator Ramp-Up - Part 4
Governance & Site Collection Growth - learn the techniques and best practices for creating sites and managing content in SharePoint 2010.
What you'll learn
This mini-course teaches the techniques and best practices for creating sites and managing content in SharePoint 2010. You will learn how to create new site collections as well as how to create hierarchies of child sites inside them. The course also discusses the standard site templates included with SharePoint 2010 as well as how they apply to specific business scenarios. The course also introduces the principles of governance in SharePoint 2010 and explains the best practices for managing content in production farm.
Table of contents
- Introduction 0m
- Understanding the User Interface 3m
- Site Layout & Ribbon 3m
- Working with Navigation 1m
- Modifying Site Navigation 7m
- Working with Lists & Libraries 7m
- Creating Content & Modifying Lists Settings 8m
- Working with Views, Pages & Web Parts 7m
- Creating Pages & Adding Web Parts 6m
- Governance 7m
- Does Your Company Need a Governance Plan? 2m