Create Couchbase 6 Views
What you'll learn
We then delve into the details of the map and reduce methods which constitute each Couchbase view, and explore how these can be used to filter, project and aggregate document data.
The course then moves on to the best practices when designing Couchbase views in order to create the most efficient and relevant views for your end users. We also look into how views effectively function as queries on document data by translating SQL to MapReduce views.
Finally, we explore use cases for views, which includes how their output can be filtered, and then use Couchbase views to simulate transactions.
Table of contents
- Version Check 0m
- Prerequisites and Course Outline 3m
- Views in Couchbase 4m
- The Intuition Behind Map Reduce 5m
- The map() Function in a Couchbase View 5m
- Demo: Setting up Buckets 6m
- Demo: Creating a View 7m
- Demo: Accessing Views with the REST API 5m
- Demo: Creating Views with the REST API 5m
- Demo: Updating and Deleting Views 5m