Creating Custom Builds with Dojo
As a Dojo project nears its completion, it is time to tune to the build system to optimize the application for delivery to the client. This course will walk you through the powerful Dojo framework and show how the various elements work together.
What you'll learn
The Dojo Toolkit is organized into a large number of interrelated modules that are intended to be loaded into the client via the AMD (Asynchronous Module Definition) API. This leads, however, to non-trivial applications making hundreds of requests to get the required modules. To address this, the Dojo Toolkit contains a custom build tool that automates the minification and bundling of the modules for more efficient delivery to the client. This course breaks the build system down and gives a thorough overview of each piece of the build system, what its role is, and how the pieces work together.
Table of contents
- Introduction 1m
- Overview of Application Build Profile Settings 3m
- Demo: Creating the Initial Profile 7m
- Demo: Basic Settings for the 'optimize' Field 4m
- Demo: The 'cssOptimize' Settings 2m
- Overview of the Layer Settings 3m
- Demo: Basic Layer Settings 6m
- Demo: How the Build System Handles Internationalization Files 3m
- Summary 1m