Creating a Custom Staircase in Revit
In this set of tutorials, you will learn how to model and design your very own customized stairs and railings. Software required: Revit 2014.
What you'll learn
In this set of tutorials, you will learn how to model and design your very own customized stairs and railings. We'll get the project started by sketching out a unique form for the staircase we have in mind. From there we'll create a new baluster family from scratch using a baluster family template. Once that's done, we'll explore how to design the baluster placement and rail structure by editing and assigning properties to the railing system. Finally, we'll finish out the project by adding materials and finishes throughout the design, giving us a realistic look and feel. Software required: Revit 2014.
Table of contents
- Sketching the Staircase Form 8m
- Creating a New Baluster Instance for the Railing 6m
- Working with Baluster Placement and Rail Structure 8m
- Finishing the Stair Path and Making Minor Adjustments 9m
- Adding Details to Rails and Posts 6m
- Applying Materials and Finishes to the Staircase 8m
- Adding Structural Support to the Landing 9m