Designing a Proper Invitation in Illustrator
In this course, we'll tackle designing a print-ready invitation in Illustrator. Software required: Illustrator CC 2015.
What you'll learn
In this course, we'll tackle designing a print-ready invitation in Illustrator. We'll start by setting up our artboards. We'll figure out what size our invitation and enclosure card needs to be and the accompanying envelopes. Then we'll pull in our information and begin the layout process. We'll choose a typeface that fits our theme and place artwork. Next we will take a look at how we can create our own envelopes or print on ready-made envelopes. We'll also learn how to create a pattern and a belly band to hold all our items securely. By the end of this Illustrator tutorial, you'll be ready to start creating your own wedding or party invitations. Software required: Illustrator CC 2015.
Table of contents
- Setting up Our Document 7m
- Styling Text for Our Invitation Card 12m
- Adding Color and Artwork to Our Invite 9m
- Customizing Artwork and Adjusting Copy 10m
- Getting Started with the Reply Card 10m
- Envelope Solutions for Your Invitation 13m
- Creating a Pattern from Artwork 10m
- Creating a Belly Band to Hold Your Items in Place 9m
- Adding Scorelines and Medallion to the Belly Band 7m
- Designing the Back of Our Invite Cards 7m
- Preparing Our Files for Press 12m