Excel 2013: An Analytics Superhub
A look at the analytics capabilities in the core Excel product and its add-ins, including PowerPivot, Power View, "Data Explorer" and "GeoFlow," as well as an investigation into how to use these tools together.
What you'll learn
This course goes through how to use Excel as an analytics client for BI and Big Data. With coverage applicable to several versions of Excel, but with emphasis on the new capabilities of Excel 2013, the content includes details on, and numerous demos of, the analytics capabilities in the core Excel product and its add-ins, including PowerPivot, Power View, and preview add-ins code-named "Data Explorer" and "GeoFlow." This course provides great detail on each tool and shows how they can be used in combination, as well as, with data from HDInsight/Hadoop; Microsoft's Big Data Platform. Tie-ins to SharePoint are discussed and integration with Office 365 is demoed.
Table of contents
- Overview, Data Sources and Tie-Ins with Excel Data Model 8m
- Demo: Importing Web and Facebook Data 4m
- Data Shaping, Data Manipulation and Integrating Child Data 3m
- Demo: Importing, Shaping and Visualizing HDInsight (Hadoop) Data 10m
- Data Formulas, Scripts and the 'M' langauge 2m
- Demo: Working with Data Steps and Scripts 3m