Exploring the Benefits of Using Symbols in Toon Boom Harmony
In this tutorial, we'll examine in detail, the use of symbols in Toon Boom Harmony. Software required: Toon Boom Harmony Stand alone 9+.
What you'll learn
In this tutorial, we'll examine in detail, the use of symbols in Toon Boom Harmony. We begin with the creation of symbols in your scenes and we examine their common uses and benefits. We will then be moving onto some of the more complex features like the symbols separate timeline and the use of symbols in creating cut out characters. By the end of this training you will be confident in your use of symbols in Harmony, and be able to start putting them to use in your animation. Software required: Toon Boom Harmony Stand alone 9+.
Table of contents
- Optimizing Our Workspace 7m
- Getting Started with Symbols 12m
- Examining the Symbol's Timeline 8m
- Syncing Our Timelines 7m
- Introducing Symbols in Cut Out Characters 12m
- Creating an Animateable Character 13m
- Animating the Head 9m
- Adding Tweening and Timing 9m
- Saving Time with Symbols and Cycles 9m
- Offsetting Animation with Multiple Symbols 12m