Creating Foliage Brushes for Digital Illustration
In this tutorial, we will discuss how you can create foliage brushes in Photoshop for digitally painting and environment. Software required: Photoshop CS6.
What you'll learn
In this tutorial, we will discuss how you can create foliage brushes in Photoshop for digitally painting and environment. We'll begin by learning how we can create a custom leaf brush using an image for our example. From there we'll explore how we can draw our own foliage brushes and discuss how design makes an important role in the final execution of the brush. Along the way we'll focus on how we can adjust the settings for our brush presets in the brush panel. Finally, we'll use our foliage brushes to flesh out an entire illustration. While Photoshop does come stocked with some useful grass and leaf brushes, being able to create your own custom foliage brushes will provide you with a lot more creative control when painting an environment digitally. Software required: Photoshop CS6.
Table of contents
- Creating a Leaf Brush from an Image 14m
- Drawing out Our Leaf Brush 12m
- Designing Grass Brushes 12m
- Creating a Tree Bark Brush from an Image 12m
- Painting Tree Leaves Using Our Leaf Brush Preset 13m
- Painting in Bushes Using Additional Leaf Brushes 11m
- Painting with Our Grass Brushes 12m
- Painting Bark on Our Tree 10m
- Adding Final Foliage Details 15m