Foundations of Effective Project Management
Projects allow organizations to develop new products, serve new customers, and create a better tomorrow. In this course, you’ll learn what makes project work unique and the principles of leadership that empower project teams to thrive.
What you'll learn
Today’s organizations find ways to better serve customers and produce the innovations necessary for a brighter future through project initiatives.
In this course, Foundations of Effective Project Management, you’ll learn about the foundations of effectively managing these initiatives:
- learn what makes projects special, and how project teams fill a unique role in organizations
- explore how project teams work together to accomplish goals and generate new value
- gain familiarity with the core principles and practices of effective project leaders
Table of contents
- Module Introduction 1m
- Realizing Benefits through Project Initiatives 6m
- Organizational Structure and Project Management 6m
- Project Management Offices and Project Governance 9m
- Environmental Factors and Organizational Processes 8m
- Projects in Programs and Portfolios 7m
- Project and Product Management 5m
- Achieving Project Success 5m
- Module Review 3m
- Module Introduction 1m
- The Principles of Effective Project Management 2m
- Focus on Value 3m
- Manage Systems Interactions 2m
- Recognize and Address Complexity 3m
- Address Opportunities and Threats 2m
- Enable and Facilitate Change 4m
- Exhibit Adaptability and Resiliency 3m
- Be a Good Steward 3m
- Tailor Approach to Context 2m
- Seek to Understand Stakeholders 2m
- Integrate Quality into Work 2m
- Motivate and Coach Team Members 2m
- Foster Accountability and Respect 2m
- The Practices of Effective Project Management 7m
- Module Review and a Look Ahead 3m
In this course, you will learn about what makes projects special, how project teams work together, and the core principles and practices of effective project management.
This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to be more effective when it comes to project management or would like to be able to better identify effective project managers.
Project management is the process of leading the work of a team to achieve goals and meet success criteria at a specified time.
For the course, it is recommended that you have experience with project environments.
Some common skills that correlate with effective project management are communication, organization, leadership, critical thinking, and patience.