Game Weapon Concept Fundamentals
In this course, you'll learn how to create a detailed concept package ready for real world game development studios, and explore the future of the concept art pipeline. Software required: Adobe Photoshop CC and ZBrush.
What you'll learn
To be a concept artist in the gaming industry, you need to be adaptable and agile in your workflow to keep up with the changing landscape of design demands for video game development. In this course, Game Weapon Concept Fundamentals, you'll be brought up to speed with modern design techniques and integrating Zbrush into your concept workflow. First, you'll learn how to create a truly unique style of weapon by successfully combining 2 disparate items into 1 cohesive design. Next, you'll be introduced to ZBrush for concept artists, and learn how to sculpt hardsurface designs in the software. Finally, you'll learn how to create a complete detailed concept design package. By the end of this course, you'll have an understanding of how to create a fantasy weapon concept package ready for modern game development. Software required: Adobe Photoshop CC and ZBrush.
Table of contents
- Blocking in the Simple Shapes and Advanced Transpose Use 11m
- Lowpoly Sculpting and Panel Loops 10m
- Backface Masking and Concept Exploration 9m
- Rapid Concept Configuration and ZRemesher 11m
- Sculpting Polish and Refinement 10m
- Final Details and Lazy Mouse for Clean Edges 11m
- Rendering for Photoshop 7m