Getting Started in Inventor
In this series of lessons we will learn the layout of Inventor, how to sketch, how to create 3D parts, and the basics of assembly in Inventor. Software required: Inventor 2013.
What you'll learn
In this series of lessons we will learn the layout of Inventor, how to sketch, how to create 3D parts, and the basics of assembly in Inventor. Throughout these lessons we will learn the different toolbars. We will learn the basic sketch tools and how they work, as well as draw sketches and show how to constrain and dimension the sketch. Finally, we will turn the sketch into a 3D model and show how to prepare it for an assembly, as well as create two additional parts and create a basic 3D assembly. Software required: Inventor 2013.
Table of contents
- Layout, File Types, and Starting a Sketch 6m
- Learning the Sketch Tools 10m
- Continuing with Sketch Tools 9m
- Constraining and Dimensioning a Sketch 10m
- Creating a Sketch and Turning It into a 3D Model 10m
- 3D Model Tools 11m
- Continuing with 3D Model Tools 10m
- 3D Model Appearance and Assembly Preparation 8m
- Creating Two New Parts 10m
- Constraining All Three Parts Together 7m