The IT Ops Sessions: GitHub Copilot for the IT Operations Professional
In this IT Ops session, you’ll learn how artificial intelligence (AI) can help you develop your automation scripts faster and more accurately than ever before.
What you'll learn
IT Ops sessions are short-form conference-style sessions, minus the conference. In this session, GitHub Copilot for the IT Operations Professional, you'll learn how to use GitHub Copilot, the AI-powered peer developer integrated into Visual Studio Code. When you're finished with this session, you'll know how to work together with GitHub Copilot to create automation scripts, refactor existing ones, and perhaps even learn new scripting languages.
Table of contents
- Overview 2m
- Preliminary Terminology 3m
- Introducing GitHub Copilot 3m
- GitHub Copilot IDE Integrations 1m
- Integrate GitHub Copilot with VS Code 2m
- Important GitHub Copilot Keyboard Shortcuts 1m
- Demo: Set up GitHub Copilot 9m
- Demo: Use GitHub Copilot Inline Suggestions 4m
- Demo: Use GitHub Copilot Comment-based Suggestions 5m
- Demo: Learn a New Language with GitHub Copilot 6m
- Summary 1m