Best Practices for Group Policy Deployment and Management
This course will take you through the basics of using Group Policy into best practices for deploying and managing it in your production environments. You'll learn how to design a Group Policy environment that is secure, manageable, and reliable.
What you'll learn
Group Policy is complex, and it's not always easy to know the best way to deploy and manage it. In this course, Best Practices for Group Policy Deployment and Management, you’ll learn the best ways to deploy Group Policy in order to manage a reliable, functional Group Policy infrastructure. First, you'll discover how to design an AD with Group Policy in mind. Next, you’ll explore how to target, delegate, and secure Group Policy. Finally, you’ll delve into the skills needed to manage Group Policy ongoing such as auditing and change control. When you’re finished with this course, you'll have the skills and knowledge of Group Policy deployment and management needed to deliver an effective configuration management solution in your organization.
Table of contents
- Top 5 Myths About Group Policy and Built-in Optimizations 6m
- Understanding the Impact of WMI Filters and Disabling GPO Sides 3m
- Demo: Understanding Performance Optimizations, WMI Filters, and GPO Sides 10m
- Performance Pitfalls to Avoid 5m
- Demo: Synchronous Processing, Logon Scripts, and Item-level Targeting 9m
- Impact of Numbers of Settings and GPO, and Summary 5m